Graphic Designer (middleweight)
London, one-year fixed-term, salary dependent on experience
We are looking for a graphic designer to join our studio Kellenberger–White. This person will be part of a small creative team, sharing responsibility for the delivery of our projects. We want a committed and very organised person who can bring projects to life and create excellent, innovative design solutions.
Kellenberger–White is a London-based graphic design studio with an international reputation for context-specific design schemes that combine bespoke typography, craft techniques and digital technologies. Recent projects include: identities for Goldsmiths CCA and Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art; exhibition design for the V&A; books for Hauser & Wirth; wayfinding for the University of Cambridge; and branding for Tillingham Wines.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
• BA in Art, Design or equivalent
• 4 years experience as a professional graphic designer
• Good spoken and written English
• Able to work collaboratively in a fluid environment under tight deadlines
• Can take creative lead and follow design directives
• Sharp visual knowledge and an appetite for experimentation
• Strong typographic skills, typesetting abilities, sensitivity to images and attention to detail
• A high-level knowledge of the Adobe CS Suite, including: Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• General sense of assets management Google Suite and MS Office
• An understanding of prepress and repro workflows
• Great organisational and time management skills
• Manage projects from briefing to delivery
• Ability to develop production specs and obtain estimates
• Flexible, highly driven, self-motivated and punctual
• Proficiency in animation and type design software, such as After Effects and Glyphs
• Knowledge in digital design software, such as Adobe XD
• Skills in book-binding and making things
• Interests in Contemporary Art, Architecture, Design, Fashion and Photography
• A second language (German) would be beneficial
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 depending on experience
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and portfolio of work with a cover letter to [email protected] – your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working at Kellenberger–White, and what you would bring to this role.
Deadline for application is 10am, 24 June 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview Tuesday 29 June