Graphic Designer (junior or middleweight)
London, full-time, salary dependent on experience
We are looking for a graphic designer to join our studio Kellenberger–White. This person will be part of a growing creative team, sharing responsibility for the delivery of our projects. We want a committed and very organised person who can bring projects to life and create excellent, innovative design solutions.
Kellenberger–White is a London-based graphic design studio with an international reputation for context-specific design schemes that combine bespoke typography, craft techniques and digital technologies. Recent projects include identities for Charleston, Goldsmiths CCA and Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art; exhibition design for the Barbican Art Gallery and V&A; books for Pace Gallery and White Cube; wayfinding for the University of Cambridge; and packaging for Tillingham Wines.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
• BA in Art, Design or equivalent
• 1–2 years experience as a professional graphic designer
• Good spoken and written English
• Able to work collaboratively in a fluid environment under tight deadlines
• Can take the creative lead and follow design directives
• Sharp visual knowledge and an appetite for experimentation
• Strong typographic skills, typesetting abilities, sensitivity to images and attention to detail
• A high-level knowledge of the CS suite (Creative Cloud), AdobePhotoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Adobe XD is essential
• General sense of assets management Google Suite, MS Office
• An understanding of prepress and repro workflows
• Great organisational and time management skills
• Manage projects from briefing to delivery
• Ability to develop production specs and obtain estimates
• Flexible, highly driven, self-motivated and punctual
• Proficiency in animation and type design software, such as After Effects and Glyphs
• Knowledge of digital design software, such as Adobe XD
• Skills in book-binding and making things
• Interests in Contemporary Art, Architecture, Design, Fashion and Photography
• A second language (German) would be beneficial
£24,000 to £28,000 depending on experience
How to apply:
To apply, please submit a CV and portfolio of work as two separate PDFs to [email protected] In your covering letter please ensure you have specified your period of availability, and your eligibility to work in the UK. Your cover letter should state clearly why you are interested in working at Kellenberger–White, and what you would bring to this role. Please name each file with your full name and either CV or Portfolio.
The deadline for applications is 6 pm, 10 June 2022. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview Monday 20 – Friday 24 June. Please do not send printed matter or original work to the studio. We are not able to provide status updates for applications.